What do you think of my catchy title. Take the initiative!
Pretty self explanatory right? Wrong!!!…Well at least in my view. Let me explain. If you are at all like me, you are into improving you life consistently over time. Slow and steady wins the race, as they say.
If you are into personal growth, you read books, watch videos, go to seminars, talk to coaches; the list is endless. Along the way you hear a lot of “buzz words” industry jargon used by people to stick in your mind. The trouble I have sometimes is I hear a word or phrase and I either think “What the Hell does that mean or “How the hell do I apply it in order improve my life?” Fear not I have a solution 🙂
The phrase that has been running through my head today is “take the initiative” and to be honest I have been want to address this for quite some time , why? Because when I was an employee taking initiative made sense . Example: Doing something (without be asked ) that will help your team, the company you work for and impress your boss.
However, I have always struggled with how and why I should take initiative in my personal and/or entrepreneurial life.
Bonuses for taking initiative in your
- You get a a head of the rush. If you have a decent sized to-do list, the longer you procrastinate, the less time you have to get it done and you would be rush trying accomplish everything and your accuracy and quality will suffer.
- You feel less stressed out. You have given yourself plenty of time to complete things and they become more enjoyable
- You feel as sense of accomplishment and pride, because you are done things early and it will motivate you do keep attaining those same results
Business or entrepreneurship
- All three from above apply!
- If you take initiative, you will thrive off that energy
- You avoid the mental game “what if” or “if I had only” this is self inflicted torture 😉
- You set an good example for others. and most likely motivate them to do better and be better.
I hope that helps you take initiative, and reap the rewards.
If you haven’t signed up to our email list please do.
<—-About the middle of the page on the left!